Wednesday, April 15, 2009

While You Were(n't) Sleeping

For a couple of weeks, Kathleen has not been sleeping well. I was averaging about 3 hours of sleep a night and just barely getting through the day. One day, I thought, "This is hell," but I quickly corrected myself, because it wasn't at all. I've been to hell. This was just hard and exhausting, but I knew it would end and I would sometime get more sleep and in the mean time I had a warm little body on my lap or next to me in bed. A couple of nights of five hours of sleep has made all the difference.

So while we weren't sleeping, I was getting behind in laundry and dishes and work and reading, so I just realized that Amy at Surviving the Day nominated me for the Sisterhood Award. I started reading Amy's blog because her blog name caught my eye . . . some days that's what it is, survival.

The rules* are to pick to blogs with great attitude and/or gratitude. Here are my 10 (and I know some have been nominated before:

I started to explain why I picked each one, but sleep is still a limited commodity around here, and it's taken me two days to get this far. Suffice it to say I'm grateful to have a window into the world of these other loss mamas and their sweet babies. They've given me things to think about and made this journey less lonely.


* The rules:
  • Put the logo on your blog or post.
  • Nominate 10 blogs with great attitude and/or gratitude.
  • Be sure to link to your nominees in your post.
  • Let your nominees know they have received the award by leaving them a comment on their blog.
  • Be sure to link this post to the person who nominated you for the award.

3 comments:

  1. Sara, Thank you so much for picking me for this award, in my fog this week I somehow missed it! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't miss anything . . . I just got this up last night. I've been reading and thinking of you, Sarah, even when I haven't had a chance to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sara - you too...all of it.

    Oui - the sleepless nights, I remember - boy do I remember and sadly that was only about a year ago.

    Bear was such fab sleeper - still is - that having another little who thought the notion a bit pesky...threw me!

    ReplyDelete